Logistics Agent Reshipping Job Scam At EFA Logistics And Easy Logistics
It seems there’s a new “Logistics” website popping up online everyday however, most of them turn out to be representing fraudulent non-existing businesses! While on the surface they appear to be legitimate and professional they are only online to serve one purpose and that is to convince the job seekers that their “Business” is legitimate as well as way to operate their scam using an employee backoffice portal!
EFALogistics.com and EasyLogistics-USA.com are 2 identical websites that were just registered anonymously and created in July and August 2017, although the websites state both “companies” were founded in 1998 and both has been targeting job seekers via email who has resumes posted in online job sites like Careerbuilder after the websites were created. Below is a screenshot of EFALogistics.com “About Us” page which is the same word for word on the EasyLogistics-USA.com’s about us page.
Both EFA Logistics and Easy Logistics show the same business address and phone numbers on their websites: 222 Monterey Rd Unit 1003, Glendale, CA 91206 (818) 482-2503 and (818) 338-0741 which appears to be just a 2 bedroom condominium on the 10th floor of a building and no business information listing can be found other than the 2 websites. While these websites appear professional, the emails they send are not and are full of red flags that are typical of these types of job scams.
The EFA Logistics Recruiters And Emails
The initial bait email tries to appear that it is coming from a recruiter using the email address firstname.lastname@example.org and the Subject: NewVacancy /665K7j952/. The “from” email address, terms/phrases and grammar used indicates the sender is likely from India or other foreign country:
We getting back regarding application on a Careers web-site.
We have found that you fit our conditions for opening of Supply Chain Assistant.
Your main Responsibilities will be:
– Accepting/mailing the goods from the service-center,
– Examination of packaging defects,
– Shipping of letters.
– Pay: $3100 /month,
– Good extra bonuses based on the outcome of your work,
– Social welfare and medical insurance,
– Easy to use web tasks-panel for goods tracing,
– Minimum understanding of document circulation,
– High education,
– Skills or competence with PC,
– Ability to take and store goods of 1-28 lbs at home,
If you are still looking for a job opportunity, please email us email@example.com .
Your current resume will be a plus for our HR Dpt. consideration.
If you, the recipient responds requesting more information, you will receive an email several days later from someone going by the name Susan Walker using the email address firstname.lastname@example.org in which the grammar used is even MORE clear that the sender is foreign to the U.S.
Subject: Search for new employees
EFA Logistics US is pleased to advise you employment with our Company. To start with our company
please check summary of terms and conditions of the employment which specified in Job Description,
file attached. If you accept this position, please complete an Application blank and our HR Representative
will contact you shortly.
Hope hearing from you soon.
How to apply for the position:
I affix 2 files to this message: Job Description and Process Application.
1. Please examine carefully the Job Description and write me back to ask your questions if you have any and to affirm your desire to work with us.
2. In case you would like to accept job offer, please follow the guideline from Process Application.
3. As soon as you send the documents back, your Application form will be directed to our HR Department.
We want to fill suggested position ASAP. Please provide us with your respond during next few days.
After getting your Application form, your contacts will be forwarded to your curator who will inverview you by phone.
Susan Walker, staff supervisor
Attachment #1 Job Description
Position: Logistics Agent
Type: Home Based | Part Time | Online Office
DOT Code: 222.387-050
Basic Salary: $ 2900/month
Interview: Not required for part-time positions, but we can interview you by phone if we decided so.
Job Type: Home Office, Part-Time. Or you can easily combine it with any other job you have.
To become a Logistics Agent you must have good organizational skills and be able to work under deadline pressure. Logistics Agents must understand general shipping policies and regulations regarding freight and be familiar with rates and routes so that they can determine shipping methods. Logistics Agent also inspects incoming and outgoing materials, verify orders and prepare shipping packages and labels.
SCHEME OF WORK
- Receive packages using your own address;
- Unpack and examine incoming shipments;
- Forward packages using FedEx Labels;
- Maintain accurate records of items shipped and received.
- Verify and keep records on incoming and outgoing shipments and prepare items for shipment.
- Determine the method of shipment, using knowledge of shipping procedures, routes, and rates.
- Compare the quantity and identification numbers of merchandise against orders.
- Insert items into container/box.
- Prepare records of merchandise shipped.
- Post weight and ship charges.
- Keep files of shipping records.
- Trace missing or misplaced shipments.
- Verify receipt of shipments against bills of lading, invoices or other records.
Attachment #2 Aplication Process (notice how they misspelled “application”?)
We are the company – EFA Logistic
More detailed information about the company can be found on our website:
To apply for a Senior Travel Tour Advisor position, please follow step by step HOW TO APPLY
- Follow the link to go directly to our online Application Process under CAREER tab:
- Fill out the Application Process
- You will be automatically registered in a dashboard on our website where you will be able to check on a current status of your application and see an employment progress.
- HR manager will be shortly assigned to your profile and contact you to provide further details on the hiring process.
- Please check your incoming email for any incoming messages or if you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact us at any time.
- Feel free to ask any questions directly in the dashboard to get a prompt reply from our HR managers.
Hmm..looks like they forgot to edit the position they are asking job seekers to apply for! I wonder how many victims they lured into their travel agency scam they obviously were operating before they created this reshipping/package forwarding job scam!!??
Also note that the DOT Code: 222.387-050 is just an occupational title code for shipping and receiving clerk and not a Dept of Transportation business registration. Many of the reshipping scammers use this same code in their job offers to appear legitimate.
So job seekers beware should you receive any employment offer like this claiming to be from EFA Logistics OR Easy Logistics Inc/Easy Logistics-Usa.
What To Do If You Are A Victim
You can visit the USPIS website here for more details about re-shipping fraud.
If you believe you’re a victim of a re-shipping/forwarding scam, file a complaint with Postal Inspectors online or call Postal Inspectors at 1-877-876-2455 (option 4, Mail Fraud).
You will need to contact your bank immediately and close your account IF you have provided your account information to the scammers. Next file a police report with your local authorities and also report the scam at http://ic3.gov which is the official site working in conjunction with the FBI to help stop internet crime.
If you provided your personal information like ss # birthdate etc , you need to contact the 3 credit bureaus- TransUnion, Equifax and Experian, and place a fraud alert on your report. These criminals can steal your identity and may try and obtain credit in your name. Doing this will alert you for at least 90 days about any suspicious activity.
In the hands of a thief, just your name, address, Social Security number or date of birth, can be used over and over months- even years down the road to:
Open new lines of credit
Seek medical attention
Drain savings and retirement accounts
Provide an alias when arrested
Get a job or file false tax returns
Get Payday Loans in your name
Obtain service agreements for cellular service or utilities
Obtain Government Documents such as a drivers license or passport
That’s why I highly recommend you get some sort of ongoing identity theft protection such as the services offered through companies like LifeLock-Visit Their Website Here or Identity Force-visit their website here! LifeLock and Identity Force are both reputable companies that monitors your accounts and alerts and protects you from identity theft.
Have you received a suspicious email offering you a “job” with EFA Logistics efalogistics.com, Easy Logistics Inc at easylogistics-usa.com or other work at home “ Logistics Manager”, “Package Manager” or “Logistics Agent” job etc. that you never requested info for? Feel free to copy and paste the email in the comments so we can help alert and prevent others from becoming victims.