Ware House Trading W.H.T. SA Employment Scam
Beware of a job recruiting email coming from someone named Christine Ozols (and possibly others) for a company called Ware House Trading (W.H.T.) SA 1-3 rue de Chantepoulet, Geneva Canton of Geneva 1201, Switzerland
Phone No: 41-445-862-774 USA Toll Free: 1-800-986-4132.
The current website www.wht-sa.com was registered on 7/4/2016 for one year only and is hosted on an IP located in Russia, but registered to a James Nulfi in Aargau, Switzerland using the email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
They have also previously registered these domains on 6/07/2016 also for one year only as well all with identical websites which is just a login page: wh-trading.com, wh-trading.net and wh-trading.org. Below is a screenshot of the website:
The Position Offered
Apparently the position is for a “Merchandise Manager” and is an elaborate scheme that involves not only receiving and reshipping merchandise purchased with stolen credit cards, but also the “employee” does the purchasing via several methods:
Money transfer to your credit card account
Notation! Your first working month is an introductory period for each employee. During this term the Company gets a
complete picture of your abilities and potential volume of work. At the end of introductory period, we will clearly see: the time you can perform the order; the order type that you can do best; how accurately you complete each assignment; how many orders you can done at month. Introductory period Objectives:
1. 2. 4. 5. commission rate; reimbursement program; preparing financial statements.
Merchandise Manager Responsibilities during introductory period include managing all process from the initial purchase till complete shipment to the end user. The role of the manager includes buying different goods from retail stores by order information provided from company. You will perform your main activities autonomously but you will get a clear instruction about vendor, pricing, items’ description, packaging details, shipping information. This information will be provided by Company. You are
purchase different goods including materials, equipment and services which the company gives to its
– you receive the money from company through one of money transfers listed below – you receive your assignment information from your supervisor – you complete order functions: products research, price and shipping term negotiation – you complete the order purchase
– you complete the order shipment to the end customer or company’s manager – you receive next order for next fulfillment
The main aim introductory period we will be able to supply a company’s Credit Card to you. The amount of your personal credit line from company will be calculated after your first working month and depends on the total orders amount at the end of 1st month. Therefore, it is in your best interest to work well during the first month. The Company is responsible for establishing individual employee’s credit limit.
The Money Transfer Details
You must be able to receive a company’s money to make any kind of assignments. We have 2(two) ways to receive money from company for purchases: to your credit card account OR to bank account. We require you to have your own credit card or your own bank account to receive money from company. Your are required to use your own credit card or bank account to receive company’s money during introductory period(3-4 weeks) only. The company’s credit card will be supplied to you after introductory period.
NOTE! You should NOT give us any your personal details like a credit card number, credit account number and other. We do not ask you send us these details to get money from company. Instead of this you will be given our company’s bank account information to manager it. You will be doing money transfers yourself from company’s bank account. You will get necessary details from your supervisor.
You can receive company’s money into your charged credit card. The money transfer into your credit card account(s) is a transfer from company’s bank account into your credit card account. You should not give your credit card number for this operation type. There is a way to pay off your card from company’s bank account and deposit an available credit to your card.
You are required to use already charged credit card or credit card with unpaid balance, credit card with outstanding balance or already maxed card. If you have no available credit on your card then it is better to use that card for this transfer type. We do not require to use a card with available credit because our money will be supplied to your upfront the purchase.
1) What specific duties will I have to perform on a daily basis?
Your main duties are: check your email a few times per day; follow your supervisor’s instructions strictly; make purchases, package and ship merchandise.
2) What are the normal business hours?
Your business hours depend on the quantity of orders we provide you and your ability to execute and finish the orders given. Average business hours are 17 – 25 hours/per week.
3) Is the offer available to someone who is based outside the USA?
No, this offer is available for US people only.
4) Will I be paid salary or commission?
You will be paid a salary plus commission by check or direct deposit according to your salary form. Your commissions are paid separately from your month salary. To get more details about commissions, please ask your supervisor.
5) Are the wire transfers of salary made internationally or domestically?
The salary is a domestic wire transfer or paycheck from domestic bank.
6) Please explain how the commission will be worked into the processing of funds.
You receive a percentage from the amount transferred as your commission. For example: Your commission range is 10%; if we send you $3,500 for your order, your commission is $350 and $3,150.00 for the purchases.
7) The base salary is paid monthly beginning when?
Your salary is paid every 2 weeks by check or direct deposit. Your start date is the date of your first transfer. Two weeks after your first money transfer, you’ll get a salary.
8) How does the bonus plan work?
The Company has a bonus plan which motivates employees to handle more orders. One type of program provides for bonuses for large numbers of completed orders. The second type of program provides bonuses for higher dollars per order. The bonuses are paid with your salary check.
9) Are commissions paid with the monthly compensation or do they get deposited into my account separately? There are 2(two) ways to get commissions: the 1st is to keep the commission amount from the purchasing money transfer; the 2nd is to get the commission with your salary payment.
10) Where will I be purchasing the equipment? Will it be from local stores and vendors, or all online?
Most of the orders will be from local stores in your area. But, if the item is unique or out of stock, it could be an online purchase.
11) Will I receive products to ship at my home?
Only products you bought online should be delivered to your home address.
12) If I am to purchase equipment from local vendors, are you going to provide me with the names and contacts of those vendors? Yes, you’ll get a supplier list which includes information regarding address, names, item availability and other pertinent info.
13) If I am purchasing new equipment, why does it require re-packaging?
The equipment should be repackaged to avoid possible damage in transportation. Also, if there are a couple of small items going to the same destination, they should be repackaged so there is one shipment.
14) Am I supposed to front the money, i.e. pay for the equipment up front and be reimbursed or will the company have the funds available for me so I will not incur any out of pocket expense? The funds for making purchases will be transferred to the employee first, so that one can actively prepare for purchasing. The Company will pay 100% of the total purchase amount before an order is formally made.
15) Since I will be purchasing goods on behalf of the company, will you send the funds to my account first, or will you send a company credit card to purchase the items for the customers?
When our staffing department completes the review of your financial assessment, what way we will use for the transfer – to an account or to a credit card. The money will be send to your account or credit card.
16) If funds are sent first, how do you know if I actually purchased the items?
A complete report of all invoices, packing slips, checks and all other necessary information must be kept and forwarded.
17) What types of products will I be responsible for sending?
Laptops, computer components, desktops, monitors, computer setups & services, computer network equipment and components, televisions, digital tuners, audio- and video- systems, digital cameras, lenses, camera devices, play stations, games, burglar alarms and components, security systems and components and other such items.
18) How are expenses compensated for?
You must keep an expense record for each purchase and provide the receipts to your supervisor before the next order. The amount to pay your expenses will be included into next transfer amount.
19) When you say in the job description “equivalent USD,” do you actually mean it is my salary, or do you mean that part of the salary is in some other means of compensation? The amount of your monthly salary is in actual US dollars and is the beginning range. It must be listed in your personal contract. The actual amount is always more than listed in the contract because the bonus program is not included in the contract statement. To get more information about a bonuses, see point 8.
20) When will I start working for you after everything is completed?
Our staffing department should complete all paperwork in 2 to 5 business days.
21) What out of pocket expenses will I need to have?
The cost of access to email, phone, your car (or public conveyance.) However, some extra costs might be paid back by the company.
22) It appears that your company is based in Switzerland and relocation is not necessary?
Yes, our main office located in Switzerland. Therefore we are looking for home-based employees at present time. Our first office in the US just opened in a NY City. Full and part time positions are work from home.
23) Is your company registered with the Better Business Bureau?
No. we haven’t operated in the US market; therefore we have no registration with BBB. We are a European company and have an ISA Certificate. If you would like to see the Company’s registration papers, ask your supervisor to send it.
24) What kinds of activities are involved?
The main duties are purchasing, receiving, packing and shipping out goods.
25) From which Resume Bank did you find my profile?
We are using a recruiting/hiring agency for the hiring process. You have received this e-mail because you were in the list of potential employees from one of these agency.
26) Will the company provide a cellular phone with Internet access if none is available to the employee? If you have no regular access to email or a phone we will provide the cellular phone with Internet access. We need you to have 24 hour access to your email.
27) What type of position is the job, W2 or 1099?
This is 1099 position.
28) Will I meet the supervisor in person?
Unfortunately, you won’t meet your supervisor during the introductory period. The first month, all communications will be via email and phone.
29) Is there any investment on my part, a buy-in?
No, you needn’t invest your personal money. The Company should pay a 100% deposit of the total purchasing amount before the orders are forwarded to the employee.
30) Are all materials provided to accomplish the tasks, extra packaging, etc ?
If items should be repackaged, it should be done with company money.
31) Is storage facility required?
No, the merchandise should be shipped out promptly.
32) What training is provided?
Your supervisor will guide you through the whole process and will update you step by step, and communicate via email. You will be expected to carry out the duties assigned to you in competent and efficient fashion.
33) What is a successfully completed transaction?
You should have completed ordering, purchasing and shipping as determined in the purchase order(in time and strictly by supervisor instructions).
34) How could you trust me with money if we have never met?
Our staffing department will check do a background check and send a request to get your credit report. Following your financial assessment under our Money Charging Policy, you will be told with what amounts we can trust you.
35) Is this job opportunity legal?
This is absolutely a legal opportunity. If you need to see the Company’s registration papers, please ask your supervisor to send them.
36) Will the physical products be shipped to my residence, or just contracts and other documents?
The physical products should be shipped within the time frame determined in the purchase order and/or should be shipped to the address assigned immediately.
37) All of the equipment needed is available via the internet, why have an individual purchase in the US and ship to Europe? If we are doing purchases from Switzerland or from different branches, we have to pay heavy taxes (local tax, indirect tax, customs tax) and high transfer fees. Due to the current economic situation, we have to find a more inexpensive way for our business. Also 99% of stores from the US we purchase from do not send their goods to Europe.
38) Once Items are purchased as directed, will the funds be included for packing materials?
Yes, the company provides funds for packing
39) Why does the company need suppliers from the USA? It’s more profitable work with Chinese suppliers. Yes, we have suppliers from China, but one of the company’s goals is to be a unique supplier for our customers. A lot of these orders are small and there is no reason to work with wholesale suppliers from China. Also, some of customers would like to get products from the USA only.
This is only a small part of all the job details and documents they provide, but this information listed is enough to know that it is Absolutely without a doubt, a money transfer/mule/reshipping scam complete with more red flags than I care to count!
What To Do If You Are A Victim
If you have fell victim to an employment scam like this, you need to contact your bank immediately and close your account IF you have provided your account information to the scammers. Next file a police report with your local authorities and then file a complaint with the FBI’s internet crime center at http://www.ic3.gov/
If you provided your personal information like ss # birthdate etc , you need to contact the 3 credit bureaus- TransUnion, Equifax and Experian, and place a fraud alert on your report. These criminals can steal your identity and may try and obtain credit in your name. Doing this will alert you for at least 90 days about any suspicious activity.
In the hands of a thief, just your name, address, Social Security number or date of birth, can be used over and over months- even years down the road to:
Open new lines of credit
Seek medical attention
Drain savings and retirement accounts
Provide an alias when arrested
Get a job or file false tax returns
Get Payday Loans in your name
Obtain service agreements for cellular service or utilities
Obtain Government Documents such as a drivers license or passport
That’s why I highly recommend you get some sort of ongoing identity theft protection such as the services offered through companies like LifeLock-Visit Their Website Here or Identity Force-visit their website here! LifeLock and Identity Force are both reputable companies that monitors your accounts and alerts and protects you from identity theft.
Have you received an email with a suspicious job offer or perhaps considering or accepted a work from home job offer and you don’t know if it’s a scam or not? Let us check it out for you. Send us copies of these emails on our Contact Us Page or our Facebook page below and we’ll let you know. If we find it is a scam we will publish an article to warn others.
You Can Also Help Us Alert Others By Sharing This Post! And Be Sure To Like Us On Facebook!
Disclosure** We get paid a commission when you purchase from LifeLock using one of our links.